Last night I baked for the first time in quite a while! I wanted to share the recipe with you guys, just because it was so easy to make, and the results were delicious. I originally found the recipe in a Lake Superior magazine, but I adjusted it to fit my needs.
Don't they look scrumptious? They tasted great too.
Citrus-Glazed Blueberry SconesMakes: around 12
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20min
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup (half stick) butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup buttermilk or heavy cream
- 1 egg
- 1-2 cups (depending on preference) blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400 F. In large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Cut in butter using a fork.
- In another bowl, mix egg and buttermilk. Add to flour mixture.
- Roll blueberries in a bit of extra flour and fold into batter.
- Drop large tablespoons on an ungreased cookie sheet or parchment paper. Bake 15-20min until golden.
- Cool before adding glaze.
2 Tbsp. butter, melted
1-1 1/2 cups powdered sugar (to taste)
2 citrus fruits (lemons, clementines, oranges, etc) zested to taste and juiced
Mix all ingredients into bowl. Top scones with glaze, and let harden.
The glaze is completely optional. On the second day, I have found that the scones are not quite as crispy as when they were first out of the oven, but they still have a great taste. Let me know what you think!
Thanks for visiting,